Linux: How do I install Pillars II from GOG?
If you are having trouble installing Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire from GOG onto your Linux machine, then you may follow the steps listed below to help you get adventuring!
- Purchase Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire from GOG.
- Click on your account and then click on the Games option in the dropdown menu.
- From the Games page, click on Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire.
- On the game page you will see a list of the downloads for the game. Right click on the version you want to download and save that file to your local machine.
- Wait for the download to finish.
- Navigate a file browser to the downloaded file's location.
- Right click on the file and select Properties.
- In the Properties window, check the Allow executing files as program checkbox.
- Open a terminal window and navigate to the downloaded file's location. (defaults to the users Downloads directory)
- Execute the script using the following format ./filename.sh. Replace "filename" with the name of the downloaded file. (e.g. ./pillars_of_eternity_ii_deadfire_en_v2_0_0_0030_23487.sh)
- An installer window will open up. Follow the prompts to install the game.
- Enjoy Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire!