How do I verify integrity of game files?
Below are the steps needed to have either Steam or GOG Galaxy check the integrity of the game files for games on their platforms should issues arise.
Verify on Steam:
- Launch Steam.
- From the Library section, right-click on Deadfire and select "Properties" from the menu.
- Select the "LOCAL FILES" tab and click the "VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES..." button.
- Steam will verify the game files.
Verify on GOG Galaxy:
- Launch GOG Galaxy
- From the Library section, click on Deadfire.
- Click the "More" drop down.
- Hover the mouse over "Manage Installation".
- Click "Verify / Repair".
- Confirm the request by clicking "VERIFY GAME" in the pop up.
- GOG Galaxy will verify the game files.