Solutions for general performance issues
If you have run into any issues with crashing, stuttering, or any general performance issues, please follow the diagnostic steps below to try and get you back on your adventure through the Deadfire archipelago. Many of these issues can be caused by missing or corrupted files, out of date drivers, or other various possibilities. Below is a list of solutions that have been proven to work for other users to varying degrees depending on the cause of the individual issue.
It is also recommended that you back up your save files to another location in case cloud saves are not set up with your gaming platform. You can find instructions on the location of your save files here.
- 1. Reduce graphics settings
- 2. Restart game
- 3. Delete or move excessive saves
- 4. Disable Unity Console mod - if applicable
- 5. Remove Unity Console mod - if applicable
- 6. Verify Integrity of Game Files - Steam/GOG
- 7. Reinstall Deadfire
- 8. Change PhysX settings to GPU instead of Auto
- 9. Install the Special K mod with recommended settings
- 10. Update graphics drivers
- 11. Update operating system
- 12. Check for faulty RAM - Steps to do this can be found here
- 13. Roll back graphics drivers
- 14. Reinstall operating system
These solutions should work for most players, but if you are still noticing extreme performance issues after trying the above, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com for further assistance.